0

Yashica TL-Electro SLR 35mm

Posted by Mathias Japri on 12:31 AM in

Since I have just sold my beloved Nikon D40x Digital SLR and planning for upgrading my gear, Now I'm photographing without any camera in my possesion. Why don't I buy one right away? well pretty simple, I haven't make up my minds which camera I will buy. since these thing aren't cheap. So i really plan it carefully.

Getting bored without any camera  that operational, I'm inspired to fix my dad's coolest belonging ever, a Yashica SLR. This camera is older than me so  I  Should call it brother. I still remembered I shoot it when I'm 13 or something. where in 36 frame I only get 12 prints. At that time I really don't understand how to operate it properly. That was  16 years ago wow... nostalgic antique.

So I woke up yesterday and before I go to works I told myself to buy a set of screwdrivers, but what happened when I got home, I don't bought any screwdriver, totally forgoten, so it's still 9.45pm, I walk to carrefour supermarket just a block away in central park, but It's just close, darn. Never Say Give Up, so I patrol around the neighbourhood ended up with no luck of finding the screwdriver that i need.   whew... so tommorow I will get the Screwdriver.

Suprisingly, even this camera is an antique, I still can found The User Manual and The Dissasmbling Manual on the Internet. It look like this camera really a fvorit or somekind of bestbuy camera of it's era. you can read a review by Karen Nakamura here.

So tommorow I will get the screwdriver, and try to fix this nostalgic jewel. That's it.. :D

Well instead of writing new post i guess i continue the story here, the yashica really hard to disassembly, Now I'm nearly destroyed a bolt, the bolt was made from bronze, It really stuck and jammed. not moving, Every twist i made, is just destroying the bolt further so I decided not to continue the process, because i don't want it at unreversibble point. so right now I will put this yashica  aside and think how to deal with the jammed half destroyed bolt. Do'oh..

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 Mathias Japri Photography All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.